Friday, January 11, 2008

"I must say, this is very unbecoming of you."*

i can't change
i can't change
i can't change [the channel]

the lights come at me
like lasers
and arrows
whistles
pouring from the stars
i can't help it
the windshield
lets them all in

out of the tv
they crawl onto
the floor
bad dreams
seep into the carpet
sprinkles of rainbow
over a black syrup abyss

underwater
and overdressed
i twist and turn
looking for my sleeves
the world comes to me
like a music video
and i'm too slow
to close my eyes

i'm afraid
i'm afraid
i'm afraid [no one will believe me]

strapped to the chair
seat belt fastened
and running in
outer space
i'm stuck in the clouds
with an air bag waiting
waiting for me to run
out of space
i can't escape
my eyes
are not letting me out

i'm going and
i'm going and
i'm going [to die]

my mind moves two steps forward
but my body takes one step back
so the world sputters out
into ribbons
an end to a film reel
spinning and slapping
torso and limbs
limbo and torque

one stutter
two sttutter
three stttuttter
[四]

"Mark ..."
we make eye contact
your lips move
but so does the world
behind you

"Mark ..."
i can't hold onto you
i can't hold onto anything
you're saying
cos' everything wants to
greet me

"Mark ..."
we're going to die
no one believes me
so we're going to die
we're going to die
not knowing

"Mark ..."
you don't believe it
you don't believe i'll do it
and i'm starting to wonder myself
so i grab the wheel
and pull down

"..."

am i out
am i out
am i out
[?]

i look down
the pen and paper
are still in my lap
words scattered
like luggage
from a fallen plane
black ink pooling
like blood over concrete

i don't even look up
i just keep writing
i keep writing
just in case
no one believes me

























* Broken Glass painted by Edward Ruscha.
This piece is actually pretty personal ... perhaps more so that the others ... mostly because I'm still coming to terms with what happened that night in the car. Sorry for the tease, but until I'm better able to process the event, I'll just leave it at that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.